Test Your Knowledge of What the Bible Says
"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4
Below are 25 simple questions. Everyone should know the answers to these questions. Try out which answer you think is correct by clicking on the highlighted words. If you are correct, then you will be told so, and why. If you are wrong, you will be told so.
1. According to the Bible, who is the Author of truth?
2. Truth is provided to this world by what Means?
3. The word ‘disciple’ means what?
4. What is the spiritual condition of every human?
5. What does God describe as the penalty of sin?
6. Define ‘repentance’
7. According to Ephesians 2:8,9 a sinner is saved by God’s what?
8. If a person does not get “saved,” their eternal destiny according to the Bible is where?
9. How many births are required for a person to get into heaven?
10. How many sins were forgiven at the cross when Jesus died?
NOTICE - The remainder of the questions below are being compiled, and will be online shortly. Go ahead and work through them and see if you think you know the right answers, and then come back in a few days to see if you are correct.
11. Can a Christian be happy while living in disobedience to the word of God?
12. If a person is saved by God’s grace, what is it that KEEPS a person saved?
13. When a Christian sins, what gets broken between them and God?
or their Fellowship?
14. Is there anything that can separate a Christian from the love of Christ?
15. When a sinner gets saved, they become a child of who?
16. What is it that actually “seals” (preserves) the Christian’s salvation for all eternity?
The Holy Spirit of God
The Commitment a person has towards God
17. Pick an obvious proof that a person has gotten saved
They always have a smile on their face now
They never miss church anymore
They are chastened (corrected) by God when they sin now
18. What does the word ‘Baptize’ mean?
To Sprinkle somebody with water
To Dunk someone into water
19. Should babies be baptized?
20. What must take place before a person can be baptized?
Become a member of a church
Memorize the New Testament
Be born again
Recite at least 10% of the catechism
21. The Bible is a book that has how many smaller books in it?
22. The Bible is divided into two main sections. List them:
Old and New Testament
Apocrypha, Old, and New Testament
Fables and True
23. The Old Testament was primarily written in what language?
24. The New Testament was written in what language?
25. What source did Jesus use to defeat the temptations of the devil?
His mighty powers
The written word of God